Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Taking down Christmas decorations on Dec. 1st
Am I sick? No... but I did take down most of our Christmas decorations yesterday. Crazy! I think I'll probably take most of them out again when we unpack. We'll see... Right now, I'm just waiting for a piano guy to come pick up the piano. It pains me to see it go, but it's just not worth it to get it shipped to NB and then have to move it again when we buy a house in a few months. That will be a very sad moment. When I told Christine that someone was going to come take the piano, she asked if she'd ever be able to play again and if there would be a piano in her new house...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is pretty Sad. Where did the piano come from? I'm sure you can get a new one eventually.
How is the packing going? I can't imagine packing up an entire house by myself, with two kids to look after at the same time. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again...you're a wonder woman Jules! :)
I'm not a wonder woman. I'm a mom...
The packing is going ok, considering I'm not doing much of any! The moving company is actually showing up tomorrow morning to pack for us. They'll leave the essentials for us to spend the night and eat breakfast, and then they will be back on Friday to load the truck. Basically, I've packed the same way I would pack if I was going on 1 week of vacation: the clothes, toys, diapers, etc. that we would need for that period of time (the time we won't have our things from the moving company). Other things that I've packed have mainly been books and things that don't really need to be packed any specific way. The only real planning I've been doing is setting apart the things that I want to come with us (not loaded on the truck). All the sorting of garbage that we've been storing I did back in August-September. So not too much work, really. Just enough to keep me busy during naps.
As for the piano, well, it didn't really come from any place special. The reason it was special to me is that I bought it with money I borrowed and paid back to my grandparents (through babysitting, etc.) when I was 12. It was basically the last physical link I felt I had to my grandparents other than a few quilt my grandmother had made me. That's why it's a bit extra sad for me. And I do have Trevor's promise that we're getting another one when we buy our next house.
Post a Comment