Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We're actually moving?

The time is nearing... we are actually going to leave... I've been pretty tired of this little arrangement so we (I) decided to look into renting something in Fredericton so that we can reunite our family. We can't buy something there until we sell here, but renting could bridge the gap. It would also give us some extra time if we decide to build something in the spring, and if something happens that I don't have a job in February (if things are too slow, I may not have a job...) or we don't find adequate daycare, we can afford for me to stay at home with the kids more if it's rental than if we buy a house.

Anyway, I found a split entry home that's split into 2 apartments in Brookdale Subdivision (Hanwell) and it looks like it should be ours December 1st! We'd have the entire upper floor and about a third of the lower: 3 rooms upstairs + kitchen, dining and family room and another bedroom with ensuite and laundry downstairs. There's some weird stuff going on with getting the current tenants out, so hopefully the eviction goes smoothly and we get it no problem... But we haven't seen it in person either, so we're going on what we were told and the drive-by my mom did for us... We'll see...

So based on that, we should be packing it up the first week of December. We have to figure out what Trev's doing for his next trip here (he needs to go to Lab City again, so not sure when he'll be here exactly) and then we'll have to book the movers and start to really get organized. The house will be left empty which is definitely less than ideal for both selling it and getting into the winter months, but neither is the family being split.

In the meantime, we're doing our last big "hoora" for the house on Saturday. The house will be on the cover of the "Homes" section of the local paper and we're doing another open house on Saturday. Hopefully it will be very busy and we actually sell it this weekend! That would be such a blessing. I'll be turning on the Christmas music, baking cookies and all the usual for this one. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with Tigger yet, but the P&G kids' Christmas party is on Saturday morning, so we'll head there. Should be fun :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the open house this weekend. I'm glad to hear that you will be re-uniting the family, but obviously sad that you're going to be 10+ hours away instead on 1. :(